Pictured (from left): Brandon Tomlin (Scope communication access assessor), Acting Public Advocate John Chesterman, Michelle Browning (OPA Supported Decision Making Coordinator), Emma Ascher (Disability Action Plan champion 2017), Katie Lyon (Scope Communication and Inclusion Resource Centre manager), Natalie Tomsas (Senior Policy and Research Officer).
We are proud to announce that the Office of the Public Advocate's Reception and Advice Service have been awarded the Communication Access Symbol
This symbol recognises that:
- our staff have positive and welcoming attitudes towards all customers
- people with communication difficulties will be given time to get their message across
- important written information is available in different formats
- communication boards are available on request
- our phone service is communication friendly and our staff are confident with using the National Relay Service.
Keep an eye out for the Communication Access Symbol which will be proudly displayed at the Office of the Public Advocate.
Communication access aims to create a world where people who have communication difficulties are able to communicate successfully with everyone, everywhere.
Learn more about the Communications Access Symbol (external link).