Submission to the Aged Care Quality and Safety Royal Commission
16 October 2019
OPA has produced a substantial submission to the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety that was submitted at the end of September.
This submission contains 30 recommendations, some of which have appeared in previous submissions OPA has produced. The submission is 65 pages long (about 23, 600 words) and includes two short appendices.
The submission covers five key areas:
- Safeguarding Aged Care Services, which included discussions about restrictive practices and community visitors
- Decision making (advance care planning, supported decision making)
- Quality of Aged Care Services
- Young People in Nursing Homes
- What Does a Good Aged Care Facility Look Like?
The submission includes several de-identified case examples and is available in both pdf and MS Word.