Date: Tuesday 18 May 2021
Time: 12:30 – 1:30 pm
To register: Eventbrite
This webinar will help health professionals better understand everyone's right to make and communicate their own decisions about their medical treatment, and what this means for people with disability.
It is a 2021 Law Week event.
Learn about the relevant laws, hear from people with lived experience of disability and gain practical tips.
The session will explore what Victoria's Medical Treatment Planning and Decisions Act 2016 says about:
- decision-making capacity
- supported decision-making
- what to do if a person lacks capacity to make a medical treatment decision.
People with lived experience of disability will also share:
- practical tips for good communication
- information about self-advocacy
- information about inclusion and empowerment.
This webinar is part of the Healthy Discussions project of the Office of the Public Advocate which is a project funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services.