National Volunteer Week, held 17-23 May, celebrates the significant contribution of volunteers to the community.
OPA is proudly supported by almost 700 volunteers across four volunteer programs.
Some quick stats:
- OPA’s oldest volunteer is 91 year’s young, and the youngest 19 years old!
- OPA’s volunteers dedicate countless hours to their roles, with some volunteers making themselves available 24/7 and/or others volunteering in excess of 10 years or more.
On Friday 21 May, OPA celebrated National Volunteer Week with an on-line webinar for its volunteers.
The following volunteers were recognised for their service:
- 33 Years – Valerie Sheil – Independent Third Person
- 31 Years – Barbara Birthisel – Independent Third Person
- 30 Years – Brian Ross-Soden – Independent Third Person
- 25 Years – Wayne Smith – Independent Third Person
- 15 Years – Rupert Brown – Independent Third person
- 15 Years – Irene Timm – Independent Third Person
- 10 Years – Mary Armstrong – Community Guardian
- 10 Years – Kathryn Connane – Independent Third Person
- 10 Years – Norma Flowerday – Independent Third Person
Community Visitors with milestone years will be recognised at the upcoming Community Visitor Annual Meeting in June.
Find out more about Volunteering with OPA.