Residential notices

Residential Notices under the Residential Tenancies Act 1997

Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) providers are required to enter into agreements with SDA residents and residents supported under the Commonwealth’s Continuity of Support program.

The options are:

  • entering into an SDA residency agreement
  • establishing an SDA residency agreement
  • entering into a residential tenancy agreement.

The SDA residency agreement retains some existing responsibilities for SDA providers previously held by Disability Service Providers under the Disability Act 2006. 

Where an SDA recipient has entered into an SDA residency agreement, The SDA provider may from time to time need to give notices to the resident or may receive notices from the resident.