Under the Residential Tenancies Act 1997, providers of specialist disability accommodation (SDA) are required to notify the Public Advocate when the SDA provider issues or receives certain notices.
These notices are:
- A notice of temporary relocation given by the SDA provider
- A notice to vacate given by the SDA provider
- A notice from a resident of their intention to vacate
- A notice from a resident of their intention to terminate the agreement because they were not properly provided with information
- A notice to vacate from the owner who intends to sell the property
- A notice to vacate from a mortgagee who intends to take possession of the property.