We are receiving a high number of enquiries and are trying to support all during this difficult time. We will treat you with respect and courtesy and expect you to do the same. Abusive or disrespectful calls will be terminated.

Disability group home

What are your rights if you live in a disability group home?

If you live in a group home gazetted under the Disability Act 2006, you have specific protections under this Act.

These protections include things that the provider must do to try and solve problems before telling you that you must leave.

The provider must tell OPA if it gives you a letter telling you that you must leave (a notice to vacate) or live elsewhere for a time (a notice of temporary relocation). Someone from OPA will then contact you and the provider to talk about what has happened.